CDW (Collission Damage Waiver)
CDW is included in all rates. However, if the renter is responsible for damages he must always pay for the damage up to the maximum own risk of € 1.260,- (Car groups Z,A,B,C,T,S,N,D) or € 2.300,- (for all other car groups)
SCDW (Super kasko) insurance
It is possible to buy Super-CDW insurance which reduces the own risk of the original CDW down to € 165,- (Car groups Z,A,B,C,T,S,N,D) or € 305,- (for all other car groups). Also included in SCDW is gravel protection with € 165,- self risk for all car groups that covers damage to wind screen and headlights when gravel or stones get thrown at the vehicle by another car.
No insurance covers the following damages:
- Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
- Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner.
- Damage due to race or test driving.
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest, or riots.
- Damage done by animals.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats.
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis.
- Damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by the road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
- Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
- Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle. Please observe that only
- SADW (Sand and Ash Damage Waiver) covers damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle – please refer to General provisions.
- If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
- Damages to passenger cars and/or 2wd vehicles caused by driving on roads marked with an F in public maps as well as driving on Kjölur
- (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550)
- Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen.
- Water damage to the vehicle.
Price for SCDW:
€ 11,- per day for car groups Z,A,B,C,T,S,N,D (tax incl).
€ 15,- per day for all other car groups (tax incl).
SADW (Sand & Ash Damage Waiver ) - optional insurance
Sand & Ash Damage Waiver, covers our customers against damage due to sand & ash storm damaging the paint of the car, windows, lights and plastic. SADW can be bought separately and is in no relation with other insurances.
Price for SADW:
€ 13,- per day for all car groups (tax incl).
Zero Excess S-CDW - optional insurance
SCDW with self risk € 0,- in case of accidents covered by SCDW.
Price for S-CDW:
€ 15,- per day for all car groups Z-D
€ 19,- per day for other car groups
Car rental terms & conditions