Terms and Conditions
Bookings should be made in writing to:
Bookings should include the following information:
Full name & address of contact person
Names of guests
Number and type of rooms
Date of arrival and departure (arrival & departure times of flights)
Ages of any travelling children
Other services included
For information about prices, please contact us.
When we confirm we mention which services are included, the price and which currency is being used as reference. This applies to both individual bookings and organised tours. We request full payment upon confirmation.
Prices and currency may change without prior notice. A fully paid reservation will not change in price.
Flexible booking terms under the COVID-19 threat
We want you to book your Iceland trip with confidence so we follow all developments of the virus closely. We care deeply about the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We maintain regular contact with the Chief Epidemiologist and the Icelandic Directorate of Health and follow their guidance and instructions at any given time.
Iceland is open for visitors and we are proud and excited to welcome you to our country. We also understand that the current situation poses a lot of uncertainty surrounding international travel. That is why we have reviewed our cancellation policy temporarily.
Hey Iceland‘s cancellation policy due to COVID-19. The following policy applies to new bookings made after 1st of March 2020 with departures from March 7th– September 30th, 2020. The policy is also valid for all bookings made prior with departures from March 7th – September 30th, 2020:
For individual travellers (FIT) on self-drive tours:
- More than 7 days before the scheduled tour: No cancellation fee
- You can also choose to get 80% refund and use 20% as a credit balance for a new trip at a different time. If you choose to do that, you get a FREE activity/day tour for your new trip.*
- 7 days or less before the scheduled tour: 20% cancellations fee
- We keep 20% but you can use it as credit balance for a new tour later for yourself, your friends or family in the next 12 months.
- 48 hours or less before the scheduled tour: 100% cancellation fee
*For a FREE activity, you can choose between a horseriding tour, whale watching, guided walking tour in Reykjavík or a boat tour on a glacier lagoon.
For individuals travellers who have booked single night accommodations – changing dates, type or place of accommodation:
- More than 3 days before check-in: 20% cancellation fee.
- Changing dates: No cancellation fee but if the price for the new dates is higher, you will be charged the difference.
- You can use the 20% as a deposit for your next booking
- 2 days or less before check-in: 100% cancellation fee.
For individual travellers (FIT) on guided scheduled Hey Iceland tours (multi-day):
- No cancellation fee until 4 weeks prior to departure.
We look forward to welcoming you to Iceland. Don’t hesitate to contact Hey Iceland firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Cancellation policy for self-drive packages, accommodation, activities and day tours
Cancellations for Self-drive packages and accommodation other than NON-REFUNDABLE reservations
All cancellations should be made in writing and be notified as soon as possible.
- For changes made 15 days or more before arrival date: 20% cancellation fee
- For changes made 14-8 days before arrival date: 50% cancellation fee
- For changes made 7-4 days before arrival date: 75 cancellation fee
- For changes made 3 days or less before arrival date: 100% cancellation fee
Please note that individual products can have different cancellations policy.
In the rare case of a double booking or other good reason for moving the guest, we reserve the right to do so by providing similar accommodation or better in the same area.
Changing fee for individually booked nights - changing accommodation dates, type or place:
- For changes made within 2 weeks after confirmation, no fee is charged.
- For changes made between 2 weeks after confirmation and 2 weeks prior to arrival, a fee of €50 is charged.
- For changes made within 2 weeks prior to arrival, please refer to our cancellation policy below.
Cancellations for activities and day tours:
Terms and Conditions vary from one tour operator to another. During the online booking process of day tours and activities you will be presented with each operator‘s terms and conditions.
- Children under 2 years of age stay free of charge when sharing a room with parents. Accommodation for children can be in extra beds or mattresses.
- Children staying in a separate room pay full price.
- When one adult is travelling with one child, we charge a full double room price.
Price Prices may change without prior notice in relation to currency fluctuation, inflation, government taxes (including VAT) or any other cost increases that are outside HEY Iceland‘s control. HEY Iceland furthermore reserves the right to correct any bookings placed at an incorrect price due to error.
Please notify the host if arriving after 18:00 (6 pm).
Dinner is usually served from around 19:00 to 22:00. Hosts appreciate if dinner guests call in and order a table before 14:00 the same day.
Payment must be made upon confirmation.
Payments can be made by credit card, (we accept Visa & Mastercard),
or by bank transfer to:
Raiffeisenbank Oberallgäu-Süd eG
Bank code no.: 73369920
Iban: DE 65 7336 9920 0003 2537 83
When we have received full payment we will send you the vouchers.
Hey Iceland Ltd. cannot be held responsible for the acts, defaults or delay of any agent, hotel, coach, operator, airline, guide, restaurant or any other persons or companies, however caused. Hey Iceland is not responsible for losses in the event of force major, such as natural catastrophes, strikes or other corresponding causes. We also reserve the right to alter routes due to road or weather conditions without prior notice. In the rare cases that there is a double booking or a good reason for moving the guest, we reserve the right to do so by providing similar accommodation or better in the same area.