TRAVEL COMFORTABLY WITH THE HEY GUIDE
Getting you there but adding value along the way
Hit the Icelandic roads without the worry of finding your way, accommodation, or highlights along the way, to truly focus on the experience and enjoy the moment. Our Hey Guide app was designed to assist you on your journey in Iceland, showing your personalized day-to-day itinerary. The guide gives you recommendations along the way, and helpful information regarding driving conditions, weather forecast, and more. How does it all work?
1. Your customized Iceland tour
Each of our self-drive tours come with our Hey Guide app. Its interface gives you access to your personalized itinerary and allows you to make some changes during your trip, with over 3,000 places of interest included. The GPS navigation system ensures you a hassle-free trip, taking you to your hotel after a packed day of adventures, and giving you helpful insights about daily distances and estimated driving times.
2. Stay safe & updated
At Hey Iceland, we believe that an informed driver is a happy driver. This is why our Hey Guide provides you with access to the weather forecast, road conditions and you get a notification in case of weather alert. Driving in Iceland can be totally different from driving in other countries, so we recommend you check our Hey Guide to Driving in Iceland in Summer and Driving in Iceland in Winter and take the habit of checking the weather forecast before you start each day.
3. Stay connected & share your experience
The Wi-Fi and 4G allow you to be connected and reachable from any place in Iceland. We are also available at any time through the messenger system, to chat with you, provide you with guidance, or to hear your impressions on your trip!
- Your customized itinerary crafted by our travel experts
- Possibility to adjust your daily itinerary, by adding or removing destinations along the way, as well as calculating daily distances and estimated journey times
- Personal travel assistant filled with suggestions about activities and nearby highlights to include in your trip
- Insider tips for restaurants, museums, geothermal pools and much more
- Electronic vouchers for your accommodation and activities (supporting our effort to reduce our environmental footprint!)
- Navigation GPS
- Access to maps, even when offline
- Access to weather and aurora forecasts
- Safe Travel notifications with updates on the weather and road conditions
- Find the nearest gas stations
- Read the Icelandic news in English
- Wi-Fi hotspot and 4G connectivity
- Messenger service: we are there for you while travelling!
Where do I get the Hey guide?
We will send you a link to the Hey Guide app before your trip.
How to use the Hey guide app?
- Download the app
- Enter your Hey Guide reference number and the email you used when booking the trip.
- Get access to your trip mapped out.
How do I navigate the interface?
The main interface includes a map to the left and your trip info to the right plus all the main features.
- You will find your Iceland tour under Trips - You choose the day you want to see and select Start when you are ready to set off. Hey Guide will Hey Guide you to the first destination of the day.
- Nearby - The Nearby feed displays points of interest that are featured in the Hey Guide system, so you will never miss a thing.
- Search - Discover restaurants, gas stations, things to do and numerous other things on your way.
- Messages - Got something on your mind? Send us a line.
- Info - Shows important and helpful information.
- More - Settings and other useful things. Stay connected, turn your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Can I book day tours and activities directly in the app?
Yes! The app suggests various activities along the way that you can view and book directly from the app.
Do I have access to WiFi?
Yes! You will have free WiFi access in the car.
Where can I find my accommodation in the app?
The Hey Guide app guides you to your accommodation at the end of each day, where you can find the electronic voucher and more information about the accommodation.