- Diving in incredibly clear water
- Silfra’s colors and beautiful underwater world
- Stunning surrounding landscape
- A day of adventure
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkeling equipment - check your size before booking!
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- All participants age 60 or older and all participants under a doctor’s care for any ongoing medical condition must have our MEDICAL FORM signed by their physician.
- be at least 150cm tall
- be at least 45kg
- be at least 12 years of age
- be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- not be pregnant
- Maximum of 6 snorkelers per snorkel guide
- Approximately 5 hours from the time of pick up in Reykjavík to the time of drop off
- If you choose to drive yourself to Silfra, you can expect to be with us for about 3 hours
- You will be in the water for around 30-40 minutes and the remaining time is needed for getting in and out of the gear
SNORKELING SILFRA IS LIQUID MEDITATION ICELAND-STYLE
You don’t need to be a certified diver in order to experience water at its clearest! Snorkeling Silfra is for everyone who feels comfortable in water and is a fantastic adventure for the whole family.
During your snorkel you will explore the four main parts of Silfra. You will float through Big Crack, Silfra’s narrowest section and where the continental plates are so close you can almost touch them. The fissure then widens into Silfra Hall. Here the full spectrum of Silfra’s colours and clarity become all the more apparent. At this point if you look at just the right angle you can see all the way to Thingvallavatn, over 150m away. Near to the opening to Thingvallavatn we will enter the Silfra Cathedral; as the depth reaches 23m you feel like you are flying over the boulders and glacial silt. Your snorkel is finished in the endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
Make sure to drink some of the Silfra water while you are snorkeling! Who knows when you will be able to drink water so pure again.