Tripadvisor has just announced it's traveler's Choice for the best tours and experiences in the world. We are not surprised to see two fantastic Iceland experiences on their lists.
The Travelers' Choice Best of the Best celebrates experiences and attractions with exceptional revies and opinions from the Tripadvisor community over a 12-month period. These experiences are among fewer than 1% of Tripadvisor's 8 million listings, so they are truly exclusive in their service level, uniquness and quality.
They Reykjavík Food Walk makes the list and you can of course book it here on Hey Iceland. The Silfra Snorkeling experience also makes the list for the best water sports activities in the world.
Top 10 Overall Experiences in the World
1. Grand Circle Island and Haleiwa 9 Hour Tour -Hawaii
2. Half Day Thai Cooking Course at Farm - Thailand
3. Ubud Tour - Best of Ubud - All Inclusive - Ubud, Indonesia
4. Dubai: Red Dunes ATV, Sandsurf, Camels, Stargazing & 5* BBQ at Al Khayma Camp - United Arab Emirates
5. Best DMZ 3rd Infiltration Tunnel Tour from Seoul - South Korea
6. Reykjavík Food Walk - Local Foodie Adventure in Iceland - Iceland
Spice up your Reykjavík experience by discovering Icelandic gastronomy in the most exquisite and unexpected places of the capital. While visiting the city’s most beautiful attractions, learn about Icelandic culinary traditions and how chefs give new fame to dishes that had almost disappeared. Be it a renowned restaurant or a secret local hangout, the selected places offer you a combination of traditional dishes with a modern gourmet twist. Tender lamb, freshly caught fish, Icelandic skyr, local cheese, homemade ice creams: has your mouth started watering yet? Daily departures all year round.
7. Amstersam Luxurey Guided Sightseeing Canal Cruise with Onboard Bar - The Netherlands
8. Small-Group Explore Angkor Wat Sunrise Tour with Guide from Siem Reap - Cambodia
9. San Juan Guided SNorkel Tour - Puerto Rico
10. Hanoi Jeep Tours: Food + Cultur + Sight + Fun by Vietnam Army Jeep - Vietnam
Snorkeling in Silfra fissure in Þingvellir Lake is a truly unforgettable experience and a fantastic adventure for the whole family. The water in Silfra is astonishingly clear and has mesmerizing colors. During the snorkel, you float between two continental plates while exploring the best of Silfra underwater world. So it is no surprise to us that the experience makes the list of the best snorkeling and water sports in the world.
Top 10 Best of the Best Snorkeling & Water Sports
1. San Juan Guided Snorkel Tour - Puerto Rico
2. Xtreme Parasail in Honolulu - Hawaii
3. Silfra: Snorkeling Between Tectonic Plate - Iceland
During your snorkel you will explore the four main parts of Silfra. You will float through Big Crack, Silfra’s narrowest section and where the continental plates are so close you can almost touch them. The fissure then widens into Silfra Hall. Here the full spectrum of Silfra’s colours and clarity become all the more apparent. At this point if you look at just the right angle you can see all the way to Thingvallavatn, over 150m away. Near to the opening to Thingvallavatn we will enter the Silfra Cathedral; as the depth reaches 23m you feel like you are flying over the boulders and glacial silt. Your snorkel is finished in the endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
Make sure to drink some of the Silfra water while you are snorkeling! Who knows when you will be able to drink water so pure again.
4. Swim with Manatees - Florida
5. Intro Diving 2 Stops For Beginners in Hurghada - Egypt
6. ABC Snorkel Charters Port Douglas Snorkelling - Australia
7. Full Day Waterfall Adventure - Costa Rica
8. West Maui Snorkeling Experience by Boad from Ka'anapali - Hawaii
9. Riverside RAfting on Clearwater River in Wells Gray Park - Canada
10. Snorkeling Excursion, Discovery of the Lagoon and its Fauna. Intimate Vessel - French Polynesia
You can book all your Iceland day tours and activities with Hey Iceland. Check out our varied selection of activities now!