LATEST TRAVEL UPDATES - CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Hey Iceland's response to the COVID-19 situation
LATEST UPDATE: JUNE 27 2020
All information and latest developments about Iceland and COVID-19 can be found at the designated COVID-19 website for Iceland maintained by the Directorate of Health and Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management.
First of all, we hope you are taking care, wherever that may be for you. We realise that the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus may leave you concerned about travelling to Iceland, so we want to take a moment to reassure you that your safety and well-being remains our absolute top priority.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING TERMS FOR TOUR PACKAGES (SELF-DRIVE)
Valid for bookings made from June 28th until September 1st 2020 for arrivals throughout the year 2021.
We want to do everything we can to help you book your trip to Iceland with certainty and ease of mind. So we have adjusted our booking terms for tour packages for your benefit.
- If cancelled 8 days or more before tour arrival date - 80% refund - 20% used as a credit balance for a later tour
- If cancelled 7-4 days before tour arrival date - 50% refund - the remaining 50% used as a credit balance for a later tour
- If cancelled 3 days or less before tour arrival date - No refund
- Covid-19 screening test cost refunded - Currently 9.000 ISK (appr. €58 or $65) - We will reduct the amount from your booking. Please fill out a pre-registration form 72H before departure to Iceland.
- Quarantine or isolation support
- 50% cost refund - 50% credit balance
- 24-hour support line
- In case of isolation: hotel in Reykjavík at no cost and any treatment or medical supervision related to covid-19 is free and covered by the Icelandic government
- In case of quarantine: we will book you in a hotel at a low cost and will assist you in any way we can
VISITING ICELAND FROM JUNE 15, 2020
Passengers arriving in Iceland from 15th June are required to:
- Fill out a Pre-registration Form 72H before departure to Iceland
The form is available on www.covid.is and aims at collecting personal details, contact information, flight information, travel dates and registered addresses during your stay in Iceland. Information about general health and previous travelling behaviour (countries visited during the pandemic) will be indicated.
- Option 1: Self-quarantine for two weeks
- Option 2: COVID-19 screening test at airport upon arrival
Children born in 2005 and later do not have to undergo screening.
The results of the test will be given within 24 hours, usually on the same day, and will be sent through Rakning C-19, the tracking app for Iceland, which you will be asked to download, or by SMS.
In the case of a positive test, further tests will determine whether the infection is active, which would impose self-isolation.
- Take Precautionary Measures on the Journey
Once in Iceland, we encourage all travellers to take precautionary measures to protect themselves and others, including frequent handwashing, use of disinfectants, social distancing, and to respect health safety regulations in place.
We will continue to provide necessary updates and information regarding travel in Iceland. If you have questions or concerns about your upcoming Hey Iceland tour or accommodation, please contact us. Our team is here to help and answer all your questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My trip is scheduled later in 2020 and I am a bit concerned. What should I do?
We encourage you to follow the information posted by the Iceland Tourist Board, and reach out to your Hey Iceland travel consultant if you have any questions or comments. We are here for you.
Can I make a booking for the future, like 2021?
We are optimistic that the pandemic will be over sooner rather than later. We are excited to plan the perfect Iceland trip with you for this Summer, Fall, Winter or even for 2021.
What happens to the deposit I've paid, in case your company goes bankrupt because of the virus?
We understand why you may be worried about that. Hey Iceland is a fully licenced travel agency/tour operator, licenced by the Icelandic Tourist Board fulfilling all legal obligations and have provided a declaration of guarantee through a bank in the event of bankruptcy or cessation of the travel agency's operations, according to Tourism Administration Act no. 73/2005 in relation to package tours. This means that we have insolvency insurance and you can book with us with ease of mind.
Hey Iceland is here for you. We understand that you may have concerns or worries and we welcome you to contact us with any and all questions you may have.
Contact Hey Iceland